Please CLICK HERE to complete the Hayling Island residents' survey 2024. (A new window will open)
Please complete the survey by 10 April 2024 – every Hayling resident who does will be entered into a prize draw to win a bottle of House of Commons Champagne signed by the Prime Minister.
Don't forget to sign up for my Residents' email newsletter to receive updates about my work: www.AlanMak.org.uk/Newsletter
I'm visible and active on Hayling Island all year round, working closely with your local Conservative Councillors Brenda Linger, Julie Richardson and Lance Quantrill.
Listed below are some of my recent work and successes for Islanders – and I also invite you to complete a survey to share your views with me by clicking the link above!
Some recent successes I've secured for Hayling Residents include:
- Cutting National Insurance tax for working people and the self-employed from this January, putting £450 back into the pocket of the average worker.
- Organising my annual Community Information Fair at Hayling Community Centre, which helps local people find out about local activities and services available to them.
- Securing £610,000 of Government money to resurface a key section of the Hayling Billy Trail, with work schedule to finish by the summer.
- Protecting the Langstone Mill Pond and the neighbouring footpath by securing permission for protective engineering works after a 12-month campaign.
- Boosting funding for Hampshire Police to roll-out a new Named Local Bobby Scheme, which means all Hayling Residents now have a named police officer covering their street, and access to their e-mail and mobile number so Hayling's police are more contactable than ever before.
- Successfully securing £58million for a new Emergency Department at QA Hospital, and working with Hayling's GP surgery on future local provision.
- Launching my Tree Planting Challenge, supported by the Woodland Trust, by planting a tree at the Station Theatre, which has encouraged others to plant more trees to improve our environment.
- Extending the £2 single bus fare cap until the end of 2024 to make travel cheaper for Islanders.
I am keen to hear your views, which I will also share with your Conservative Councillors - so please complete the survey!
Photo: Alan delivering his newsletter on Hayling Island with Hayling's Conservative Councillors Brenda Linger, Julie Richardson and Lance Quantrill.