Alan Mak: Active and Accessible across Havant
Alan Mak MP is acessible and active across the whole Havant constituency, regualrly meeting residents, working on strategic projects that benefit the whole area, and visiting local businesses, schools and community groups. Click here for news updates about his work locally and in Westminster.
Helping Local Residents
Alan Mak MP is also happy to assist local residents in connection with matters for which the Westminster Parliament and central Government are responsible (such as taxation, benefits etc). Click here to find out more about the division of responsibilities between central Government on the one hand, and local & regional councils on the other (such as Havant Borough Council and Hampshire County Council).
Click here to read some important notes before contacting Alan Mak MP: http://www.alanmak.org.uk/contacting-alan-mp-read-you-contact-alan
If you have an issue that Alan Mak MP may be able to assist you with, the best way to contact him is in writing either by e-mail or letter.
Casework & Surgeries
Drop-In Surgery Schedule:
FUTURE DROP-IN SURGERIES
- Friday 24 February 2017 - Tesco Extra Havant (ground floor foyer), midday to 1.30pm
- Friday 17 March 2017 - Hayling Island Community Centre (side room), 4.30pm to 6pm
- Thursday 20 April 2017 - Emsworth Methodist Church (International Hall), 9-10.30am
Alan Mak MP prefers to start work on issues that residents contact him (known as "casework") about as soon as possible, without making a resident wait for the next available surgery appointment slot.
In the vast majority of cases, as long as a resident provides sufficient details in writing, Alan Mak MP and his staff can start work and progress the matter (for example by contacting a Government agency or department on behalf of a constituent) without having to ask a resident to take time out of their busy schedules for a meeting. Alan's experience is that this is an effective and efficient methodology that works well for him, his staff, and local residents.
However, Alan also operates two types of surgery where he will meet residents for a private, one-on-one meeting as required:
1. Office-Based Surgeries by Appointment: These take place at Alan's constituency office at Langstone Technology Park, usually on the last Friday of every month.
Each meetings lasts around 15-20 minutes, and are by appointment only. Alan and his team will allocate office-based surgery meeting appointments where they feel that it would be beneficial for Alan to meet the resident concerned.
As mentioned above, most resident queries and casework matters do not require a meeting because Alan and his team can progress such matters without the need to take up a resident's time as long as the necessary information is provided to Alan.
2. Drop-In Surgeries: These take place at a range of locations across Alan's Havant constituency, including supermarkets, community centres, pubs and other public places and buildings. Residents will still have the opportunity to speak to Alan on a private, one-to-one basis. These usually take place on a Friday, and sometimes on Saturdays.
A list of dates, times and venues for drop-in surgeries is below. No appointment is needed. Residents can drop-in whenever they like, but there may be a short wait and a queue if a number of residents wish to speak to Alan.
Drop-in surgeries are the most appropriate surgery for residents who do not have a specific personal issue they need resolving, but who are interested in discussing local issues or general national issues such as the economy.
Residents can attend any drop-in surgery even if it is not in their area (e.g. Emsworth resident can attend the Springwood Centre event)
PAST DROP-IN SURGERIES
- Friday 18 September 2015 - 5.30-7PM - Wheelwright’s Arms pub (in the back room), 27 Emsworth Road, Havant, PO9 2SN2
- Saturday 19 September 2015 - 4-6PM. Springwood Community Centre, 110 Springwood Avenue, Waterlooville PO7 8BJ
- Friday 23 October 2015 – 1.30-2.30PM Hayling Community Centre, Station Rd, Hayling Island, PO11 0HB, followed by 5-6.30PM at the Ship Inn, Langstone, Langstone Road, Havant, PO9 1RD
- Friday 27 November 2015 – 5-6.30PM Leigh Park Working Men's Club, 439 Dunsbury Way, Leigh Park, Havant, PO9 5BD
- Saturday 12 December 2015 – 10-11.30AM Emsworth Community Centre, followed by 1-2.30PM Purbrook Centre, Stakes Road, Purbrook, PO7 5LX
- Friday 15 January 2016 – 4.45PM-6.15PM , Bedhampton Social Hall, 21 Bedhampton Road, Havant, PO9 3ES (free carparking)
- Saturday 13 February 2016 - 10.00AM-11.30AM, Tesco Extra (Havant), Solent Road, Havant, PO9 1TR (free carparking)
- Saturday 5 March 2016 – 09:00-10:30, Meridian Centre, Havant
- Friday 8 April 2016 – 16:00-17:30, Hayling Island Community Centre Association, Station Rd, Hayling Island, PO11 0HB
- Friday 6 May 2016 – 16:30-18:00, Emsworth Methodist Church, 19 High Street, Emsworth, PO10 7AQ
- Friday 10 June 2016 – 10:00-11:30, Meridian Centre, Elm Lane, Havant, PO9 1UN
- Friday 8 July 2016 – 10:00-11:30, Springwood Community Centre, 110 Springwood Avenue, Waterlooville, PO7 8BJ
- Friday 12 August 2016 – 10am-11am, The Ship Inn, Langstone Road, Havant, PO9 1RD (ground floor, back of the pub)
- Friday 23 September 2016 – 4pm-5.30pm - Brookfield Hotel (Slipper Room)
- Thursday 27 October 2016 – 9am-10.30am - Meridian Centre, Havant (near the Sky stand)
- Thursday 27 October 2016 - 3:30pm - 5pm Wyevale Garden Centre
- Friday 18 November 2016 - Hayling Island Community Centre (side room), 4pm - 5.30pm
- Saturday 10 December 2016 - Tesco Extra Havant (ground floor foyer), 9.30am to 11am
- Friday 13 January 20117 – 4.30-6PM - Meridian Centre, Havant (near the Sky stand)
- Saturday 14 January 2017 - 10.30-12.30PM - Waterlooville Precinct (look out for Alan's pop-up banners)