Alan Mak MP's newspaper columns and articles
As our local MP, Alan is active around the entire Havant constituency, and writes a column and articles for the local newspapers and community newsletters listed below. These are designed to provide an insight into Alan's work locally and in Westminster, and keep residents up-to-date on Alan's campaigns, activities and events.
Alan is also a national legislator in Parliament, and writes on a range of national and international issues that Havant and the country as a whole when the opportunity arises.
Copies of Alan's columns and articles can be accessed by clicking on the relevant tab on the left hand side of this page, under the relevant publication name.
Journalists and others who want to interview Alan or read copies of articles profiling Alan, should visit the press centre seciton of this website by clicking here.
Local and regional newspapers
- Portsmouth News (Havant & Waterlooville edition) - Weekly column, published every Wednesday, plus occasional "Off the Fence" op-eds on topical issues
- Hayling Islander - Monthly column, published in the first week of every month
- Postcode Publications - Column in every edition of PO7 & PO8, PO9 & PO10 and PO9 & PO11 (which are all published bi-monthly)
Community Newspapers & Newsletters
- The Ems (Emsworth Residents' Association newspaper) - Column in every edition, published every 2.5 months.
- Warblington & Denvilles Residents' Association Newsletter - Column in every edition, published quarterly.
- Serving You - Havant Borough Council's Magazine - Column in every edition, published quarterly (Spring, summer, autumn, winter editions)
National newspaper & magazine articles
- Daily Telegraph
Alan's E-Mail newsletter
Residents and others can keep up-to-date with Alan's work by signing-up for his regular e-mail newsletter.
Click here to sign up for Alan's e-mail newsletter, or visit this link: http://alanmak.us12.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=20cde9d98fb648e4b48d03344&id=32548e819d
Please encourage your friends, family, neighbours, colleagues and others to sign-up for Alan's newsletter.
Your e-mail address and other details will not be shared with or sold to any other organisations.
Data Protection Act 1998. How the information you have provided will be used: Some data I receive from you when you sign-up for my newsletter will probably comprise personal data about you, and this may include sensitive personal data. The types of information I collect about you will probably include your name, address and contact information. The contact data you provide will be retained by me (“the data controller”) in my databases and systems, in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and related legislation. Sensitive personal data remains confidential and will not be used or released by the data holder except in order to deal with your issue/question when contacting other agencies. The data holder will use the data collected for the following purposes: (i) to respond to you and assist you with your issue or question; (ii) to keep you updated on this issue and the wider subject matter in the future. Your data will not be sold or given to anyone. If you do not want the contact information you give to me to be used in these ways please e-mail back and state this. Alan Mak is registered as a data controller under the Act.