Photo: Alan Mak MP launches the first-ever Havant MP Jobs & Apprenticeships Fair with the management team at Havant's Job Centre Plus
Havant Jobs & Apprenticeships Fair - Event Details
Date & Venue: Friday 19 February 2016 at Warblington School, Southleigh Road, Havant, PO9 2RR
Opening Hours: 10AM to 4PM (residents can attend anytime during opening hours, and stay for as little or as long as they like. No registration needed).
- 10.30AM Charlie Mullins OBE, founder of Pimlico Plumbers opens the Fair.
- 12 noon Jane Hamilton, Editor of Sunemployment, the Sun newspaper’s careers service & jobs roadshow
Exhibitors and Jobs & Apprenticeships: 50 exhibitors offering over 550 local jobs & apprenticeships. Roles for everyone from school-leavers to experienced workers.
Free Entry & Parking: Free entry and free parking all day for everyone. Refreshments will be available on a paid-for basis at the School's cafe.
A4 PDF Colour Publicity Poster: This can be downloaded by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page. The PDF can be circulated to friends & neighbours by e-mail.
A strong local economy is Alan's top priority as our local MP. That means more jobs, rising living standards, growing investment and successful local businesses.
Thankfully unemployment in the Havant area is low and falling. But we can never be complacent, and there are still around 800 jobseekers in the area, as well as those looking to change jobs or careers. Alan is working hard with Havant Job Centre Plus and other partners to take practical, tangible action to help local people get a job or apprenticeship, and build or extend their career.
The first ever Havant MP Jobs & Apprenticeships Fair, organised by local MP Alan Mak, is designed to bring together job seekers and local employers from the private, public and third sectors. Private sector businesses large and small, plus public sector employers and local charities that employ people will all be there on the day, as will skills providers and experts who can help with careers advice, CV writing and other relevant skills.
The Havant constituency consists of: Havant Town, Emsworth, Hayling Island, Bedhampton, Langstone, Purbrook, Stakes, Widley and Leigh Park.
Jobseekers, employers/businesses, and residents from ANY of these areas are welcome, NOT just those based in Havant town centre.
Who should attend?
1. Residents - The event is open to any local resident looking for a job or apprenticeship, or a career change. There is no charge to attend, and parking is free.
2. Employers of all sizes - Local employers of all sizes are invited to attend (for free) to exhibit and showcase jobs & apprenticeships they have on offer. Please register your interest by CLICKING HERE to complete an online application form (preferred), or download the form below and send it back to Alan by e-mail (to Alan.Mak.MP@Parliament.UK). Please register as soon as possible, and by 26 January 2016 at the latest. Demand for exhibitor slots is high.
Local employers who are interested in sponsorship opportunities (for example, advertising in the event brochure) should see below
3. Skills providers - Any organisation or business which provides employment-related skills training (for example careers advice, CV workshops).
4. Governmental bodies and agencies - Organisations such as Havant Job Centre Plus and the National Careers Service will be attending.
Local employers and other organisations who are interested in sponsorship opportunities (for example advertising in the event brochure) should contact Alan's office.
The Fair will be opened at 10.30am by Charlie Mullins OBE, founder of Pimlico Plumbers, and often described as “Britain’s first millionaire plumber”. After leaving school at 15 with no qualifications and then completing a four year apprenticeship in plumbing, Charlie is now one of Britain’s most successful and acclaimed business leaders.
At 12 noon Jane Hamilton, Editor of Sunemployment, the Sun newspaper’s careers service & jobs roadshow, will also join us during the day, sharing her experiences of getting people back to work using the power of Britain’s top-selling national newspaper.
Barratt David Wilson
Sisterly Care Ltd
Taylor Made Computer Solutions Ltd
Liberty Gas Group Ltd
Havant Borough Council
Army Careers: Hampshire, IOW and West Sussex
Havant Sixth Form College
Citizens Advice Havant
Horizon Leisure Centre
RKdia Catering Services
Royal Navy & Royal Marines Careers
South Downs College
SSE (Scottish and Southern Energy)
Swain & Co Solicitors
Chef Nemo LTD
National Careers Service
Lockheed Martin UK
Park Families Training
Aspire Training Team
BAE Systems Maritime Services
Innova Design & Build Ltd
Barhale Trant Utilities
Capita Business Services
Spire Portsmouth Hospital
Hampshire County Council
Beat the Bullies
Right at Home Havant
Alan Mak MP E-Mail Newsletter SignUp
Alan Mak MP is active across the Havant constituency and in Parliament. Residents and others can keep up-to-date with Alan's work by signing-up for his regular e-mail newsletter.
Please encourage your friends, family, neighbours, colleagues and others to sign-up for Alan's newsletter.
Please contact Alan by e-mail: Alan.Mak.MP@Parliament.uk