Alan’s priorities for Havant Town/St. Faith’s
Alan’s priorities for Havant Town/St.Faith's ward and every other community across the Havant constituency are clear: a strong economy, successful schools, and vibrant communities. Alan’s local priorities for Havant Town/St.Faith's ward include:
- Strengthening Havant’s local economy, especially protecting the town’s many small businesses.
- Backing the re-development of Market Parade, and the regeneration of East Street, supporting Havant Borough Council’s work in both areas.
- Support local schools like Warblington and Bosmere to give every young person from Havant Town/St.Faith's ward the best start in life and the skills to succeed in today’s competitive, global economy.
- Champion Langstone Technology Park’s continued success, and promote inward investment into our business parks and industrial areas around Harts Farm Way.
- Supporting high-quality local infrastructure and public services.
- Encourage vibrant community life, supporting our many community groups such as the Warblington & Denvilles Residents’ Association and Langstone Sailing Club
- Preserving Havant as a great place to live and work.
Alan’s activity across Havant Town/St. Faith's ward
Alan has worked hard to understand local issues and meet local residents, businesses, schools and community groups.
A small snapshot of Alan’s work and activity across the St. Faith’s ward includes:
- Visited local businesses including Laura’s Kitchen, SSE, HeadRomance, Specsavers and Fasset, and Langstone Technology Park.
- Attended the Spring’s AGM and met staff and volunteers, visited Beacon Food Bank, St. Faith’s Church, Havant Housing Association, the Wheatsheaf Trust, Havant Fire Station, and Royal Mail’s East Street sorting office.
- Guest speaker at the Havant Borough Sports Association 35th annual sports awards at Havant Leisure Centre
- Met local Havant Town/St. Faith’s councillors Jackie Branson, David Guest, Ray Bolton and Conservative Havant Town/St.Faith's ward councillor candidate Tim Pike, to discuss local issues.
- Visited Warblington School to discuss education issues with staff, the head teacher and students.
Havant Town Centre/St.Faith's ward is represented on Havant Borough Council (HBC) by:
Havant Town Centre/St.Faith's ward is represented on Hampshire County Council (HCC) by: