Alan’s priorities for Emsworth
Alan’s priorities for Emsworth and every other community across the Havant constituency are clear: a strong economy, successful schools, and vibrant communities. Alan’s local priorities for Emsworth include:
- Strengthening Emsworth’s local economy, especially protecting the town’s many small shops, working with the Emsworth Business Association (EBA) and community groups.
- Backing local schools like Emsworth Primary and St. James’ Primary to give every young person from Emsworth the best start in life and the skills to succeed in today’s competitive, global economy.
- Supporting high-quality local infrastructure and public services, including the surgery move.
- Encourage Emsworth’s vibrant community life, supporting its many community groups such as the Emsworth Residents’ Association and Emsworth Community Association.
- Preserving Emsworth as a great place to live, work and visit.
Alan’s activity across Emsworth
Alan has worked hard to understand local issues and meet local residents, businesses, schools and community groups.
A small snapshot of Alan’s work and activity across the Emsworth ward includes:
- Visiting local Emsworth businesses including the Blue Bell, Brookfield Hotel, Coal Exchange, Driftwood Cafe, Nicolino's and H H Treagust butchers.
- Driving forward progress on plans for a new Emsworth Surgery, hosting meetings between community leaders, Government officials and the NHS. Alan's work also includes meetings in Westminster where he has lobbied Lord Prior, the Health Minister with responsibility for NHS Property Services, over plans to build an expanded clinic at the old Victoria Cottage Hospital site.
- Attending the Emsworth Business Association’s autumn Charity Dinner, Christmas Drinks, and speaking at the EBA’s spring networking business breakfast.
- Meeting the Chairmen and Committee members of community groups including the Emsworth Business Association (EBA); the Emsworth Residents’ Association (ERA); the Emsworth Community Association (ECA); and the Emsworth Forum
- Regularly meeting with local Emsworth councillors Rivka Cresswell and Lulu Bowerman to discuss local issues.
- Visiting Glenwood School and St James’ Primary School, Emsworth to discuss education issues with staff, head teachers and students.
- Leading the community response to the planned closure of the Emsworth branch of NatWest bank, including organising a meeting between all of the stakeholders and securing a key concession that the mobile bank will visit the town twice a week.
- Inviting pupils from St James’ Primary School, Emsworth to Parliament for a tour and Q&A session.
- Speaking in Parliament to praise the key role played by the Emsworth Business Association in promoting the local tourism industry.
Emsworth ward is represented on Havant Borough Council (HBC) by:
Councillor Lulu Bowerman
Councillor Rivka Cresswell
Emsworth ward is represented on Hampshire County Council (HCC) by: